So you are planning to study abroad for your Masters degree and have an eye on a particular course in an international university. First things first, you need to know that almost any top institute in the world requires at least two tests; a language test and a GRE test.
In this post, we are going to talk about GRE registration. Do not skip it, especially if you are giving GRE for the first time. GRE is conducted by ETS. Students must create an account on the GRE website, register themselves for GRE and book a test date.
GRE Registration Made Easy
If you are new to GRE, the process of registration might seem quite confusing to you. However, it is straightforward. Simply follow the steps below and register for the GRE.
- First things first, gather these things before GRE registration; a passport and a credit/debit card.
- Head over to the ETS website: ets.org and create your account.
- Start filling out your personal information. You will be required to add your first, middle, and last name as per your passport.
- Add your date of birth, email, address, and any other field that is starred mandatory.
- Fill out the contact details and check ‘agree to the ‘terms and conditions’.
Username and Password
- You will be asked to enter a username and password of your choice.
- Select a security question and answer it (be sure to remember it).
Review and Submit
- Review all the data you have entered and submit your information.
- If you wish to change any information, click back and make the required changes.
- Click submit.
That’s it; your ETS account registration is complete. You are almost halfway there. You will be sent an email/confirmation email. If you don’t find it in your inbox, be sure to check the spam folder.
GRE Test Registration Process
You already have an account in place. It is time to proceed with the GRE registration process. First things first, click on the login button on the ETS website. Add your username and password under the returning user’s field.
Once you log in, you will be directed to the MY GRE home page. You will be able to see your name and ID at the top of the page. You can view, modify and access all the information regarding the GRE test. Once you take the test, you can see the test score once you have taken GRE.
Now, let’s book the test date.
- Click on the following tab: “Register/Find Test Centers, Dates.”
- Select the GRE General Test from the drop-down menu.
- The next step is to select a test date. With the help of arrows, select the preferred window for GRE. While choosing the date, make sure you take the amount of prep time required for the GRE.
- Now it’s time to select the test center. Click ‘Available test centers and dates’ and choose one at your convenience.
- Once you have selected a feasible date and location, click the register button right next to it.
- Make sure to recheck the information you have submitted once you are done.
- If you wish to make any changes, click ‘edit test information’, make desired changes, agree to terms and conditions, and click NEXT.
- After reviewing the details once last time, click submit.
- Make the payment by filling in your card details. Fill in your desired mode of payment, click continue to proceed to the gateway, add details (as per the choice of payment method card, PayPal, gift voucher, etc.) and check out.
- Your GRE registration is complete now.
Hope you find it helpful! Feel free to reach out in case of any questions.