The GRE General Test is offered all year round in most parts of the world. The appointments are given on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is best to register early on if you want to get the date and location of your choice. You can register for the GRE paper test via phone or the internet.
You will be required to submit certain details such as first and last name as per the passport of national ID. Make sure that your name spellings match the ID; otherwise, you might be prohibited from taking the test. If you have a disability, a health-related need, register through the process outlined on the particular page.
Registering Through Your ETS Account
If you want to take the test from home, you need to register through an ETS account. If you are a resident of Mainland China, you can register through the NEEA account and follow all the payment methods mentioned here. If you plan to give the test at a testing center, you must register two days before your preferred test date. Make sure to follow all the steps:
- First things first, log in to the ETS account.
- Click Register/Find Test Centers button on GRE Home Page.
- Next, you will be asked to verify your email address
- After verification, you can select your test appointment, confirm your time zone, and select a suitable date.
- Make sure you have at least a two-month time frame to prepare for the tests.
- Select the time and register for the test.
- Follow all the directions mentioned on the website and pay for your test.
- Once the registration is completed, you will receive a confirmation email from the ETS with all the details; test choice, date, center, launch the test at home.
Registering for GRE Test Via Phone
Phone registration is not available for test takers interested in home-tests or from Mainland China; Hong Kong, China; Taiwan, China; and Korea. Make sure to register at least two days before the preferred test date. In the US, you can directly call the center at 1-443-751-4820 or 1-800-473-2255.
If you are outside the US, you can always contact RRC. Once you register and pay for the test, you will be provided with a confirmation number, reporting time, and the address of the test center. If there is any mistake in personal data, you can contact GRE Services.
I hope you found this information helpful. Registering for the GRE test is a simple task. Make sure you have at least two months to prepare for GRE. If you have more, it’s even better.
Moreover, registering a little ahead of time will allow you to select your desired date and test center. If you have any more questions and confusion, feel free to reach out to us.
You May Also Like this Video for the More Information :