If you are planning to take the GRE test, getting the basic information about registration is necessary. In this article, you will find all the details about GRE registration and how much far in advance you need to initiate the registration.
For newbies, the GRE test is offered all around the year in almost all of the locations around the world. One thing you need to be mindful of is; GRE appointments are given on a first come first serve basis. Although you can register for your test 2 days in advance but it is best to do it a little beforehand if you wish to get the date and time of your choice.
There are three ways to register; phone, online, and mail.
The first step is to register via an ETS account. It is best for those who plan to take the test in the comfort of their own home with the help of an ETS account. If you are in Mainland China, you have to register through NEEA account. Make sure to follow all the payment policies.
If you plan to give the test at a center, you need to register at least 2 days before the test date. Home appointments are available within 24 hours. Follow these steps and you will be good to go.
- First things first, log in to the ETS account.
- Click on MY GRE
- Select Register or Find Test Centers
- You will be asked to verify your address, do so.
- Select appointment and time zone.
- Select a two-month period from when you would like to take the test.
- Once you have selected the registration time, click register.
- Follow the instructions and pay the fee for the test.
- Once everything is done, you will receive a confirmation email with all the details of the test.
It is important to remember that phone registration is not available in certain areas such as Mainland China. For others, you can directly call the test center or reach out to Prometric services by calling 1-443-751-4820 or 1-800-473-2255. If you are outside the US, you can call RRC.
- You can simply call to register via call.
- Once the registration is done, you will be given a confirmation number, address of the test center as well as reporting time.
- You will receive a confirmation email once the registration is processed.
Authorization Voucher Request via Mail
- If you processing the payment by paper check and money order, you will receive the authorization voucher via mail.
- You will be requested to complete the GRE Authorization PDF form and mail the check, money order, or any other appropriate payment method that is required for processing.
- You will have to give the entire processing 3 weeks if you are utilizing mail.
We hope you found this article helpful. If you have any questions and queries about the entire GRE registration process, feel free to reach out to us and our team would be happy to guide you.
If you are struggling with preparation, you can always check out our GRE Prep courses. We guarantee a 10+ point improvement and have a tone of happy students across the globe.